Itō appears a nice person and supportive of her friend, Kotomi. Besides this not much is known about Itō but whenever she is shown Itō seems to be mostly normal and level-headed; however, when Kotomi confronts Yoshida she appears to think she has some psychic powers that will calm down Kotomi. Her first name is not revealed until Chapter 143
Itō has black hair with her front bangs gathered with crossing bands. Itō is always seen with short pigtails that fall down to her shoulders. By comparison in Chapter 134, she stands at the level of Tomoki's shoulders while Tomoko's head reaches his face. This would make her shorter than Tomoko.
- Season 1: Episodes
- Volume 6: Chapters 48
- Volume 8: Chapters 74 (cover)
- Volume 9: Chapters 79, 84, 89
- Volume 11: Chapters 106
- Volume 12: Chapters 110 (flashback), 117, 122
- Volume 13: Chapters 123,
124, 125, 128
- Volume 15: Chapters 133, 134, 135, 141, 143, 145, 150, Omake
- Volume 16: Chapters 153, 154, 157, 159
- Volume 17: Chapters
161, 162, 163, 164, 166, 167, 168
- Volume 18: Chapter 171, 172, 173, 174, 175-1, 175.5, 175-2
- Volume 19: Chapter 184-1, 184-2, 185, 186-1, 186-2, Omake
- TBA: Chapters 187
Strikethrough episodes or chapters indicate the character was mentioned but did not make a physical appearance)
Itō is almost always seen in some sort of scenario related to Kotomi. In Chapter 117 Itō states that they have been friends for two years as of that point.
In Chapter 134, Itō tries and fails to calm Kotomi down after the girl has become openly envious of Yoshida. Itō's inner monologue implies that this is not the first time Kotomi has done something crazy or creepy and has had to be saved.
Chapter 153 reveals how she and Kotomi first met. Itō takes the initiative to get to know a girl who spends her lunch break reading alone.
Itō and Tomoko seem to interact very little, and it is unknown what they think of each other. Itō remembers Tomoko trying to give her a fist bump back at the entrance exam in Chapter 110.
The currently enigmatic Futaki sits next to Itō. Itō has not bothered to get to know her and, presumably, Futaki has not either. However, during the field trip to the amusement park Futaki wins a badge hitting all of the targets at the shooting gallery, while Kotomi does poorly and makes excuses worthy of Tomoko. Without a word, Futaki hands the badge to Itō and walks away.
The two do not have much of a relationship, though Asuka does know her. They both attend the Summer Study Camp, and when Asuka later greets her on their first day of school, Itō is very uncomfortable. Asuka notices the eyelid glue Itō has, which she learned to apply at the Camp from Kaho, and when Asuka learns this, she insists on working on her.
- Hikari (光) means "light."
- Itō plays a trumpet and whenever she can practice alone she usually goes to a specific spot after school on the rooftop.
- A Girl has a Nickname: when Emiri strikes up a conversation with her to ask about "Glasses" (Kotomi), she then asks if Itō has a nickname. When Itō responds that she does not, Emiri asks to call her "Ito."
- "We've been friends for two years now, you know. It's kind of weird how just being able to play some of the Lotte's songs makes you suddenly see me in a new light." - Itō to Kotomi
|Female Characters||Tomoko Kuroki | Shiki Futaki | Anna Haruna | Shizuku Hirasawa | Akari Iguchi | Hikari Itō | Megumi Imae | Asuka Katō | Kayo | Kotomi Komiyama | Mrs. Kuroki | Koharu Minami | Miyazaki | Nagi | Miho Narita | Yū Naruse | Hina Nemoto | Ogino | Akane Okada | Reina | Fūka Sasaki | Kiko Satozaki | Sayaka | Yuri Tamura | Mako Tanaka | Emiri Uchi | Masaki Yoshida|
|Male Characters||Tomoki Kuroki | Aomatsu | Art Teacher | Hatsushiba | Homeroom Teacher | Jun Ishimine | Kakinuma | Yoshinori Kiyota | Kosaka | Mr. Kuroki | Suzuki | Nico Tanigawa | Wada | Yocchan|
|Minor and Unnamed||Minor and Unnamed Recurring Characters|
|Manga Volumes||1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20|
|Anime Episodes||1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | OVA|