Watashi ga Motenai no wa dō Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!
No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys' Fault I’m Not Popular!
Title: Because I'm Not Popular, I'll Become An Adult
Published: 01 March 2013
It’s Tomoko’s 16th birthday and she’s celebrating by meeting with Yuu at a coffee shop. Tomoko arrives an hour early and muses over how mature she has become by reading novels instead of manga and drinking black coffee.
Yuu arrives and gives Tomoko perfume as a present. They catch up a little bit and Yuu suddenly asks Tomoko what “XXXX” is, something a friend of hers said. Tomoko takes this chance to show how mature she is by acting unfazed as well as being knowledgeable on the topic. She pushes Yuu to tell her more about what this friend of hers has done regarding XXXX. Eventually, Yuu whispers something to Tomoko that deflates her ego. At the end of their meeting Tomoko admits to herself that she’s still a kid despite being 16.
- Tomoko goes to the same coffee shop she met Yuu at in chapter 3.
- Yuu makes a reference to the time they went underwear shopping in chapter 8.
- At 16, Tomoko still hasn’t learned how to ride a bicycle.
- Tomoko claims she doesn’t like kids, despite interacting with them a lot more than people her own age.
- Tomoko is about a week older than Yuu.
- Tomoko claims that raising kids and starting a family is possible at 16, but legally, she still needs her parents’ consent.