|Volume Number||Volume 7|
|Chapter Title||Because I'm Not Popular, I'll Waste My Time|
|Published||22 April 2014|
|Previous Chapter||Chapter 57|
|Next Chapter||Chapter 59|
Watashi ga Motenai no wa dō Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!
No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys' Fault I’m Not Popular!
Tomoko vows to make a difference this summer break by being productive unlike the previous year. However, since summer break does not “officially” start until the 21st, she decides to spend the the 19th and the 20th doing nothing. She promptly returns to her bed with her two stuffed toys and does not emerge again to view the sunset at 6:30 P.M. She vows to spend the next 24 hours "having fun." First, she needs to eat dinner. Her mother is making teppanyaki which Tomoko asked for. After dinner, Tomoko spends the evening watching gameplay videos and surfing the net. She greets the morning happily listening to the birds as she goes to a convenience store for coffee. She plans to watch more gameplay videos and eat ice cream when she returns home.
She encounters her brother as he is leaving. He inwardly wonders what she is doing up so early in the morning. After enjoying her day basically doing nothing, Tomoko lies in bed smiling but vowing she will keep her promise to herself after that day. However, just as Tomoko begins think about getting to work tomorrow, her mother hands her a phone call from a classmate. It turns out that that the whole class has to go to school tomorrow at 9:30 A.M. to cheer on the baseball club. Tomoko is in despair over the news and decides to play games until the next morning and show up in the worst possible condition as a way of protest.
In order of appearance:
- Tomoko goes to the Mart 7/24 to guy coffee and sees the same “Cute Guy” from Chapter 2.
- Kiyota made a comment in Chapter 57 saying that they would have to cheer on the baseball club if they won their match.
- No one in Tomoko's class has her number or email address as of this chapter.
- The chapter starts on July 19.
- Asuka Katō's first "appearance."
- Tomoko's mother cooks Teppanyaki.
- Tomoko is watching a Let's Play of Super Mario Brothers on her computer while commenting that "the guy sucks."
- "Thinking about the fact that there's people that have to go out and kick balls around in this sweltering heat complements this deliciously bitter coffee." – Tomoko, thinking about her brother leaving in the early morning for soccer practice.
- "Who the hell is Katō-san? And why's he calling the home phone!?" – Tomoko
- "It's a futile kind of resistence but still. . . ." – Tomoko
|Volume 07 Chapters||56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | Omake|
|Manga Volumes||1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19|
|TomoMote Chapters||1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 10th Anniv|
|Anime Episodes||1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | OVA|