The WataMote Wiki is dedicated to everything related to Watashi ga Motenai no wa dō Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! (No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!). Shortened to WataMote, it is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Nico Tanigawa that was adapted into an single-season anime series in July 2013.We have strived to developed this wiki and any help in improving the pages will be appreciated.
- A- "Rarely before has an anime series so keenly and uncomfortably struck home about what it means to be a social outsider, and rarer still has one accomplished such a task without seeming manufactured or forced." Theron Martin, Anime News Network. Full review
- A+ "WataMote is a fantastic series." Kane Bugeja, Snap 30. Full review
- 8.5/10 "[I]t is Tomoko’s dramatic character who drives the story home with great ease, and you’ll be surprised to find yourself laughing and crying with her." Suz, Ctrl+GeekGirl. Full review
- A "Watamote takes some good chances here and the results are definitely worth all the risk." Chris Beveridge, The Fandom Post. Full review
- 4/5 "This is a powerful show that cannot be underestimated and it deserves all the praise heaped onto it." Alex Yi, Population GO. Full review
- 8/10 "Refreshing, funny, with a zany heart in the right place, we’ll just have to hope this is merely the beginning for Watamote." Adam Starkey, Starburst Magazine. Full review
Masaki Yoshida (吉田 茉咲 Yoshida Masaki?) is Tomoko Kuroki's classmate who has a scary appearance and is often referred to as a delinquent by Tomoko. She initially reacts violently towards Tomoko when Tomoko goes too far teasing her after they meet during the school trip to Kyōto, but over time the two gradually develop an understanding and friendship. She likes cute and childish things. She likes Tomoki.