He is a friend of Okada, Nemoto, and Suzuki. He serves as a background character in the anime and mostly thus far in the manga.
From what little is seen of Kiyota he appears friendly and outgoing and is always surrounded by students. He is very polite to Tomoko and is usually seen trying to get her to open up.
Kiyota has short spiky hair, and wears glasses with black-colored rectangular frames over his eyes. He wears the male student's standard uniform.
While his hair, as well as his eyes, are light beige in the manga and dark brown in the anime, TomoMote 10th Anniversary reveals that his natural hair color is black.
- Volume 1: Chapters 4, 7
- Volume 2: Chapters 12
- Volume 3: Chapters 19, 20, 23, 27
- Volume 5: Chapters 39, 41, 42
- Volume 6: Chapters 49
- Volume 7: Chapters 57
- Volume 8: Chapters 68, 72
- Volume 9: Chapters 82, 87, 88
- Volume 10: Chapters 97
- Volume 11: Chapters 109
- Volume 12: Chapters 115, 117, 119, 120 122
- Volume 13: Chapters 124, 125, 130
- Volume 14: Chapter 135
- Volume 15: Chapters 144, Special Edition, 147, 150
- Volume 16: Chapters 154, 155, 156, 157
- TBA: Chapter
162, 164, 165
Kiyota, Okada and Nemoto are close friends that are rarely seen apart. The three usually hang out in and after class.
- Kiyota had a girlfriend who broke up with him right on New Year's Eve. Okada later teases the depressed Kiyota about this on the first school day after New Year vacation.
- As of Chapter 97, Kiyota has no real goals in life and only wants to go to college so he can mess around for four years.
- There is a Ikuhiro Kiyota who plays outfield for the Chiba Lotte Marines.
- "I've got mad respect for you, you know? Next time I get the urge to eat here, I'm just gonna do it!" (in response to Tomoko eating by herself in the cafeteria)
- "Ogii said there was someone in our class who wanted to be a voice actor. It's pretty cool to have dreams like that, don't you think? All I put down was that I want to get into college so I can mess around for four years. Makes me kinda jealous of people who have an actual goal in life."
|Female Characters||Tomoko Kuroki | Shiki Futaki | Anna Haruna | Shizuku Hirasawa | Akari Iguchi | Hikari Itō | Megumi Imae | Asuka Katō | Kayo | Kotomi Komiyama | Mrs. Kuroki | Koharu Minami | Miyazaki | Yū Naruse | Hina Nemoto | Ogino | Akane Okada | Reina | Fūka Sasaki | Kiko Satozaki | Sayaka | Yuri Tamura | Mako Tanaka | Emiri Uchi | Masaki Yoshida|
|Male Characters||Tomoki Kuroki | Aomatsu | Art Teacher | Hatsushiba | Homeroom Teacher | Jun Ishimine | Kakinuma | Yoshinori Kiyota | Kosaka | Mr. Kuroki | Suzuki | Nico Tanigawa | Wada | Yocchan|
|Minor and Unnamed||Minor and Unnamed Recurring Characters|
|Manga Volumes||01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16|
|Anime Episodes||01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | OVA|